Monday, August 20, 2012

Lamp shades


I found these great lamp shades at IKEA last weekend. I thought they might work in the red and white bedroom atop some lamps I bought at Target. The original color was a little too bland, but I remembered that I had lots of leftover stain from my makeover of the red chair legs


I grabbed a brush and painted the stain on the inside and out of both lamp shades. They still need one more coat, but I am pleased with the difference.The stained lamp shades kind of remind me of these at Pottery Barn, but mine were a lot cheaper!


I'll post a finished picture with the lamp bases once they are all dry. On a completely random note, I shot some pictures of my moonflower vine while I was out in the garden painting. This plant was a real booger to start from seed, but it turned out to be so beautiful that it was well worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment